Ok, as many of you know (or don’t, but will now)…. I’m obsessed with Kale. I eat it every day, whether it’s raw in a salad, blended in a super smoothie, baked as chips or sauteed like spinach. It’s such a versatile green that never loses its dense texture. It can hold different flavors incredibly well and salad dressing never makes it soggy. In fact, you can dress a Kale salad and leave it in the frdige for two days and it will still be nice and crunchy!
I usually get home from work during the weeknights around 7:30 or 8, so I like to whip up something fast, easy and healthy!
What you need:
1-2 bunches of curly Kale
10 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup pine nuts, or less (you can also substitute for toasted almonds or walnuts, but pine nuts have a creamy bite to them, which I love.
2 tbs dried cranberries
1/2 small avocado, cut into chunks
Olive oil, a good solid drizzle
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tbs dijon mustard
A pinch of sea salt (I use Pink Himalayan)
1. Pull leaves off the rib of the Kale and use your fingers to make into smaller pieces
2. Drizzle olive oil and use your hands to massage the Kale for about a minute. Kale needs TLC!
2. Whisk together mustard and vinegar and drizzle onto the Kale
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and toss in with the pine nuts, cranberries and avocado.
4. Toss everything together gently.